Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Take on Elizabeth Arden Visible Whitening Line

As of this moment and to help my skin get Stellar-ready (at least the skin on my face), I am using Elizabeth Arden's Visible Whitening skincare line, the newest breakthrough regimen-based skincare for whiter and brighter skin, which is already in all Elizabeth Arden counters here in Manila now. For me, who tans and swims and walks around Ortigas and Fort at high noon from errands, this helps in evening my skin tone. I really wouldn't want to call it whitening that I'll be like part of the cast of Twilight. Realistically speaking, the fairest I can go is just up to the skin on my inner arm. It's more of evening up the skin and making it look brighter and better, even without makeup.

Elizabeth Arden is a brand I'm familiar with. I've been a recipient of their makeup GWPs from relatives who would give them as gifts when I started using makeup. Also, I'm a fan of the Green Tea fragrances and I always recommend it to clients and friends who want a light, fresh, and clean scent. Aside from their familiar favorite fragrances Green Tea, Pretty, Pretty Hot, 5th Avenue, and Red Door, they are also known for skin care and even including skin care in their makeup products, such as ceramide lipsticks.



The Visible Whitening skincare line controls melanin production (melanin is what is responsible for those dark spots we get from ageing and lifestyle) while enhancing the skin's ability to reflect light. It's got licorice root, vitamin C derivatives, and SpectraBright to help control melanin production. For the instant effect of brightening like we're naturally flawless like that, pearl powder, mica, silicone, and pigment plus - get this - diamond powder reflects light giving that instant radiance boost. With or without makeup, we've got glowing skin. Glowing not like a discoball but glowing like flawless glowing.

There's a whole lot of products on this range but I will just focus on a few products, which caught my fancy. The packaging is quite pretty too right? True to the diamond powder in it.

Visible Whitening Smoothing Cleanser Php2,400 (125 mL)


Horray for this cleanser being mildly-scented and non-drying. I like how clean my skin feels without it feeling cracked and dry. I haven't tried using this to clean my sponges but a few extra drops of this on my sponge would be great.

Visible Whitening Illuminating Eye Serum Php 2,950 (15 mL)
The eye serum is light enough for the delicate, soft skin around the eyes. It also decreases puffiness and brightens undereyes. It also moisturizes the skin around the eyes for concealer to glide on so much better without cracking or going creepey. The applicator does remind you of a Star Trek gadget right? It can be used to help apply the product on the skin while giving a cooling, comforting sensation.

Visible Whitening Melanin Control Night Capsules Php 4,950 (50 capsules)
These capsules are to be used during the night, after cleansing and toning and before moisturizer. It's actually more of a treatment too, to give the skin the TLC it needs. One capsule actually holds more than enough product for the face. You can actually maximize the capsule's contents on the neck and trouble areas like elbows, knees, underarms, and back-of-knees.

Visible Whitening Smooth and Brighten Emulsion  Php 3,850 (100 mL)

This emulsion is my day and night moisturizer, and with this summer's heat, has a light and easily absorbed consistency that doesn't irritate my pores, skin, or nerves during the weather where I forgo anything that seems to suffocate me. It's just quite hard to take this with me though during travels as the pump bottle has no "lock" function but maybe what I can do for travels is to pump a small amount in a travel-size container or something.

Not to worry for our ladies who love our naturally warm sunkissed glow, with 2 weeks of usage, the skin on my face and neck isn't significantly whiter than the rest of my body. It just looks more even and smoother. I also noticed a bit of reflective particles on the emulsion at the back of my hand too. They aren't chunky like glitter but they aid in diffusing light giving the skin a more radiant appearance.

Another mentionable is the BB Cream, which is available in two shades (1 and 2) and transparent. For those who love BB cream effect on their friends but can't find that one suitable for their own skin tone might be glad to know the existence finally of a transparent BB cream, which is great for all skin tones.

Ladies and gentlemen may start using this regimen at the age of 21, and would be recommended for anyone who would want to keep their radiant glow. I've tried this also on clients and even in flash photography, they didn't leave a grayish cast. I can recommend the emulsion, eye serum, toner, to be used on brides for weddings (for weddings we might need to skip the BB cream though, because that may reflect in flash photography).


No comments: