Tuesday, September 18, 2018

K-Beauty Now Available at Beauty Bar


Our usual skin routine cleanse-tone-moisturize has gotten an upgrade with K-beauty which features not just 3 steps but a 10-step skin care to prep and prime skin to glassy smoothness like those K-pop stars. I have known a handful of people who hoarded K-beauty skincare during a trip to Korea, and several brands making waves in personal vanities and makeup artist pro kits.

I was invited to Beauty Bar's K-Beauty Carnival where we got to experience brands and their products. The whole event was held in true K-Beauty fashion with Korean-inspired refreshments


There was even a DIY bingsu bar with super creamy avocado ice cream.


Just like a carnival, there were games where we got to win prizes such as spin the wheel and the claw game (similar to the claw in Toy Story). I was usually fail at claw games but for that day, it was a lucky day for me.


Jinky and I enjoying the very instagrammable photobooth.

The star of the event were the Korean skin and beauty products, each catering to whatever need you have and to fill the steps of the 10-step Korean skincare.




COSRX has been making waves with beauty experts. Their one-step beauty pads are perfect for travel (no need to bring bottles which can spill in your makeup kit). They also have essences, ampoules, and moisturizing lotions that feel super light on the skin even if you apply them layer by layer.


We asked Minnie Kim of COSRX on products on how to prep the skin for makeup. She highly recommends the combination of their Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion (Php 1040)  and the Propolis Light Ampule (the ampule applied first before the lotion). This preps dry skin immediately for suppleness before makeup since the molecules are easily absorbed by the skin in order for makeup to adhere better.

This was an eye opener for me in caring and being conscious with dry skin. Most of the people I encounter have oily skin or combination I keep stuffing my kit with mattifyers and oil-control products that I forget about dry skin, which also needs a bit of help. Dry skin when not prepped properly tends to crack and look dull even if you shower the skin with so much highlight so we need a good moisturizer that helps makeup adhere better without feeling greasy on the face. I also needed a bit of dry skin 101 to prep and plump up my more mature clients. I also got to experience lighter formulas for dry skin which can nourish the skin without feeling icky in humid weather.

For regular routine skin care, the Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence and Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream (Php 1020)  will be good to maintain the skin. If this is your preferred brand and you have to prep for a big event like a wedding or an anniversary party, this would be the skin care you would like to use.


NeoGen has Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads with yummy scents like wine, lemon, and green tea. The wine actually smells like grape-flavored Bubble Yum (or blueberry pie as Jinky said). One pad gives the benefits of home peeling by gently exfoliating dead skin cells and impurities and making the skin look smoother and younger.


Aside from the peeling pads, I also want to try the Real Fresh Cleansing Stick (Php 1,120). It looks like a green tea scented deodorant but it's actually a cleanser in a stick form, another perfect travel companion being carry-on luggage friendly so you can refresh and cleanse your tired face after a long flight.

Another thing I noticed also with K-beauty skincare is that although these products are scented, the scent was very mild and fresh, not super perfumed or overpowering, so nothing clashes when you layer your skincare.

checking out Celebeau's Star Secret Cushions (Php 1,095)
The skin takes the focus with K-beauty makeup. I've noticed in most K-beauty ads that the makeup isn't really too heavy. Just dewy, soft skin, defined/lined eyes, and a bit of color on the lips and cheeks. For the lip color, the K-beauty look just gives the just-ate-an-ice-pop look instead of full-blown pigmented color. Beauty brand Celebeau has buttery pencil liners (Php 545), creamy glosses (Php 745), and BB Cushions (Php 1095) to give you an effortless glow.

High Performance Glam Tint Gloss Swatches










Celebeau Onstage Pencil Liners (Php 545)
Onstage Pencil Liner swatches

Yaddah  has such cute packaging to brighten up your kit. They also spoil your skin with mask sheets and enhance your 10-step prepped skin with lip and cheek tint and BB cushions.



When I was introduced to BB cushions a few years back, I liked the light texture and preferred this over BB creams since some BB creams felt more paint-like to me. BB cushions have almost like water-like consistency on my skin and usually 3 layers give me the coverage I need for special occasions. It gives me the flawless dewy coverage I want without looking too made up.



Finally, there is Klairs, which also makes waves with their skincare. I'm currently using their Supple Preparation Facial Toner (Php 1,150), which preps my skin for the rest of my skincare without the sting. It comes in regular and unscented, for those with fragrance sensitivity.

These K-beauty products are now available at select Beauty Bar branches so no need anymore to bug someone going to Korea for luggage space or schedule a shopping trip.

I personally want to purchase the COSRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion and Propolis Ampule  for my pro kit and the Neogen Green Tea Cleansing Stick and COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence for myself. I can apply basic principles of the 10-step Korean Skin Care in my own routine or give my clients some skin TLC before makeup. Looks like my stash may need a new upgrade soon.


Store Directory
Beauty Bar
beautybar.com.ph; facebook.com/BeautyBarPH; instagram.com/BeautyBarPH



No comments: