Thursday, November 15, 2018

Happy Skin X Posh Nails Express Gel Polish Collaboration

Our hands reflect our daily lives. A friend of mine who reads palm lines even said our palm lines change over time, depending on what direction or situation our life takes and each line tells a story and reveals something about our personality. When we work or do sports, our hands take a beating. Just like the eyes, there's so much the hands have to say since our hands help us everyday. They make us lift, hold things like our food, or smartphones or makeup brushes, etc.

With social media posts, our hands make an appearance in our photos. They take side roles in our flatlays or when we hold that item for that #travelphoto in IG. As makeup artists, our hands get photographed a lot. In the recent bridal masterclass I took, there was a joke that we also need to have nice manicure for your hands just in case the photographer takes a photo of your hands holding the brush or airbrush gun. I actually looked back to see if a wedding photographer took a photo of my hand in its beat-up glory.  With that in mind, part of my travel and work preps is to get my nails done for picture-perfect hands, because you will never know.

Happy Skin X Posh Nails Express Gel Polish
L-R Pampered, TLC, Posh, and Luxe
Happy Skin, one of my favorite local beauty brands collaborates with top nail salon Posh Nails in their latest collection of Express Gel Polish. They feature four shades that can suit every woman in any occasion that she chooses. These are four classic shades which can be worn by anyone: Pampered (white), TLC (nude), Posh (pink), and Luxe (red). These four shades  happen to be the favorite shades of  most Posh Nails clients and they can have these shades at the comfort of their own homes whenever they need a manicure with no time to go to the nearest Posh Nails salon. I'm a fan of Happy Skin's Express Gel Polish because they give awesome color without compromise meaning they are 10-free (none of the top 10 toxic ingredients are in their formulations) and are vegan so yay for my vegan friends out there. The formula also nourishes the skin as it is enriched with hydrolyzed keratin and almond oil to strengthen and nourish your nails.


  I was able to see the collection for myself as I was invited to the event a few weeks ago held at the East Tower of One Rockwell.

So glad to have spend my afternoon here for a much-needed pampering session!
The function room was transformed to a nail bar where guests were treated to a mini nail pampering treat by Posh Nails therapists. Stations were set up corresponding to nail color and guests were free to choose whatever color they like.

Nail Bar courtesy of Posh Nails therapists.
I was on a debate to choose either red (which is my go-to color usually) or nude. I then decided on TLC for my nails. I'm usually into brights and darks when I wear polish for events so I thought a nude color could be a nice change. Not only is it a classic and wearable color, they actually make the nails look neater and cleaner. For those wearing this during travel, nail regrowth isn't as obvious. They are perfect for warm-toned skins and morenas but fair-skinned girls can wear this and still look like they are wearing polish.

TLC on my nails
Drying time too was fast, around 20 minutes so it wasn't long that I went around in my "Edward Scissorhands" mode.

I also checked out the other colors. Luxe was a very bold and statement red. Now if you're that person who is afraid of red polish because it's too bold, red is actually a very classic color that never looks dated. In fact, with the right red, it can make the feet and hands look neater and whiter, and that's this type of red is. So if you're that shy girl who wants to try red, this could be yours. Pampered, the white color actually I was happy. Some whites kind of look like I experimented on correction fluid on my nails. This one looked nice like creamy nail polish. White also enhances a nice tan making it perfect for summer. Posh happens to be a very pretty blush pink. Think that millenial pink that's understated and muted instead of candy color pink. This is the type of pink that's not too tita pink but nice enough to be worn even by tita. You don't have to be a millenial to wear Posh. In fact, this can be the perfect daytime wedding polish for a bride, bridesmaid, or mother of the bride. I am so recommending this to my January bride and her mom.

For our take-home shades, we were asked to choose two of our favorite out of the four. I was happy with TLC so I chose that. I already have a plethora of reds already and I have one white one so I guess I chose the millenial pink of Posh since I don't have a pink of that kind yet.

I already took Posh in my pedi trip and wore it in my recent travel. Although I wore closed shoes the entire time, they totally stayed put for a legs-up-the-wall IG stories photo. I may try it again in my next mani-pedi. This time, I will bring my Happy Skin Express Gel Polish Mirror-Shine Top Coat for an added shine.

For those wondering, Happy Skin has affordable polishes. The Express Gel Polish retail for Php 299 and the Top Coat retails for Php 249. Use the two together to get gel polish results that aren't such a hassle to remove.  They are available at all Happy Skin stores and counters as well as Posh Nails salons. If you have no time to visit a physical store, order them online via happyskincosmetics.com, Lazada, Shopee, Zalora, and BeautyMNL. When you find you shade, take a photo and tag @happyskin_ph and @poshnails_ on Instagram and use the hashtag #HappySkinxPoshNails.


No comments: