Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Nude Lipsticks to Love

I'm a lipstick and brow product junkie. Even without a full face of makeup - brows, lipstick, and a bit of powder on the T-zone is my super quick go-to look when I need to look more human without going over-the-top. I'm always on the lookout for nice brow products and I collect lipsticks of almost every color. I've lost count of how many lipsticks I own, both for personal and gig use.

I'm afraid of wearing nude lipsticks on their own because I always thought I'd look dead. If I do wear nude lipstick, it;s usually with a very heavy or dramatic smokey eye or cat eye. Fortunately, nude lipstick doesn't necessarily mean looking dead. There are also nude lippies which give a nice and clean look to the face, or a my-lips-but-better natural look. No need for heavy smokey eyes for some. They look great just like that or with help of eyeliner and mascara, just for more definition.


Some of my favorite nudes


1. NYX soft matte lip creme in Abu Dhabi 



I discovered this a couple of months ago when my friend Jinky and I were shopping for makeup at SM. This pretty nude shade looked great on me and the brown isn't too muddy.
wearing Abu Dhabi during a cat cafe visit

The liquid dries matte and doesn't budge or feather too much. Also, it's quite blendable with other lipliner colors.

2. Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippie in Too Cool



 This is a limited edition lipstick that is actually a collaboration between the brand and Preview magazine for Preview's 20th anniversary. Such a pretty color that's not drying and also it's super pigmented. It may be pale and almost skin tone on swatch, but I actually like wearing it with just me defining my brows and powder on my T-zone.

3. MAC lipstick in Hug Me




This is one of MAC's lustre finishes that I like. Hug Me is an awesome sheer shade that photographs well in beauty shoots. I use this for ladies who are scared of a bit of color on their lips. In shoots, I layer this with a neutral mauve lipstick for a nice, natural my-lips-but-better look.

4. Revlon Lipstick in Pink Cognito




I got this in our August BDJ Elite Box along with an array of other Revlon goodies. Glides like butter and gives a nice rosey shine without looking too psychedelic. Use this on your own or as a gloss. There's a bit of reflective particles and for some who would want more coverage, I suggest using a lipliner for this.

5. MAC Lipstick in Blankety 




This is pale as pale as can be, almost white on swatch. I know others can wear this on their own and it looks fine on them. Since this is a super pale lipstick in a nice creme finish, I go heavy on my eye makeup wearing this, so the look isn't too lost and I don't look like I need a blood transfusion. I also wear this with lipliner since it's not too pigmented like Too Cool. But it's a really pretty shade if you're going for the 60s sex kitten look or Victoria's Secret smokey-eyed model.

6. Fashion 21 lipstick in Ginger


Fantastic color payoff without sacrificing moisture quality. It looks great on my lips with a hint of coral and neutral brown. I used to be scared of browns because I thought it makes me look muddy but it actually worked on me. Also, it's super cheap. I can take this to travels as well, since it's such a nice warm neutral color to wear for everyday. I should steer this from higher temperatures though because it's prone to melting. Or maybe, I can depot this to a lip palette.

Any lipstick that you would like to  share?

No comments: