Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LIP OF THE DAY: Hot Pink Lips to Welcome Spring

To welcome MAC's spring colors, I sealed it with a bright pink kiss.Giving my reds and bricks a rest, I went for something that's playful, fun, and flirty with my own personal touch of a bright statement lip. And what else to catch an eye with a bright and flirty pink?

Here's what I used for this lip:

Moisturized lips prevent the flakes so I made sure I prepped my lips with lip conditioner beforehand. Before my shift, I already soaked my lips in lip conditioner.
Line lips with a hot pink color that matches and compliments the lipstick. I used MAC lipliner in Trimmed In Pink to line and fill my lips so my lips have a base. This is from the Too Fabulous collection.
Brushed one coat of Pink Burst (from the Spring Colour 1 Forecast) and blotted. Reapplied this again. Pink Burst is a bright fuschia shade when applied and instantly gives life to the face.
The shiny, creamy, Barbie lip is topped with Cremesheen Glass in Loud and Lovely (again from the Too Fabulous colelction), a bright pink lipgloss that gives the lips a shine. I'm not quite much of a lipgloss girl as I love matte but a bit of this gives my lips a final pop. Plus, this one isn't too sticky on the lips and this lasted quite a long time.

This look goes well with pink cheeks and subtle lilacy-pink eyes. I used Two Virtues Mineralize Blush Duo on my cheeks for a candy pink glow and kept my eyes subtle with pinks and lilacs. Towards the end of my shift, I smoked it up with Eye Kohl in Feline set with Carbon.

I might keep this look for a month or so. Now I wish there's still Pink Burst available at the mall... Please oh please oh please.... :P

No comments: