Friday, September 19, 2008

How To Clean Your Shu Uemura Lashes


(photocredits)

The question is probably asked among the many girls who own a pair of Shu Uemura False Eyelashes but never got to wear them. For one thing, these lashes are very expensive and throwing away a pair after one use is just heartbreaking (My heart is just breaking just as I type that). Actually, aside from the fact that they cost a lot, they can be reused and in fact, they last quite long provided you take care of them.



When I attended the Shu Uemura event last Wednesday, I had a chance to talk to Ms. Michelle Fernandez, product manager of Shu Uemura cosmetics here in the Philippines. Michelle is definitely loyal to the brand, and her favorites are also my favorites (Hello Face Architect Foundation, Eyelash Curler, and Cleansing Oil). She even was amused as to how I told her my addiction the the Eyelash Curler. I noticed she also sported the lashes (just the half-ones) and they really looked good on her, very natural in terms of length and it accented her eyes. Then, I asked her how are these lashes supposed to be maintained, since I also have a pair myself, a gift from a friend, but I haven't really gotten to using them as false lashes have a short lifespan on me.



"They really last provided you take good care of them," states Michelle. "After you take them off [carefully, of course! - BCD], remove the adhesive residue and use cleansing oil to clean the lash band." Then, wipe the excess oil carefully. If you're a neat freak, you can spray a bit of water and wipe it off. Never immerse them in water. Plus, keep the cases because you put them back there once they're dry.

Pretty easy and low-maintenance. Now I wish I could go try on my pair of lashes, provided that I have the right opportunity now. :) Hope this helps my Shu Uemura lash fan friends out there!

No comments: